New mass grave discovered in Srebrenica

Satellite imagery helps Bosnia prosecution office locate grave near the village of Kozluk as Dayton Accords marked.

    Forensic experts say they have found a mass grave in northeast Bosnia containing remains that are most likely victims of the 1995 Srebrenica genocide.

    Eldar Jahic, an investigator of Bosnia's prosecution office, said on Monday that the grave was found thanks to satellite images of an area near the village of Kozluk.

    Jahic said it seems to be a grave where victims of the massacre were buried in July 1995, and then some bodies were relocated months later to another site to hide the crime.

    So far incomplete remains from about a dozen different bodies had been found.

    The victims are presumed to have been systematically executed by firing squads.

    Bosnian Serbs killed more than 8,000 Muslim men and boys after they overran Srebrenica at the end of Bosnia's 1992-95 war.

    December 14, 2015 marks the 20th anniversary of the Dayton peace deal which ended a war that left more than 100,000 people dead and two million displaced.

    SOURCE: AP


    YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

    Musta'ribeen, Israel's agents who pose as Palestinians

    Who are the Israeli agents posing as Palestinians?

    Musta'ribeen are an elite Israeli undercover unit that disguises themselves as Arabs or Palestinians.

    Stories from the sex trade

    Stories from the sex trade

    Dutch sex workers, pimps and johns share their stories.

     How Britain Destroyed the Palestinian Homeland

    How Britain Destroyed the Palestinian Homeland

    100 years since Balfour's "promise", Palestinians insist that their rights in Palestine cannot be dismissed.