"I would like to personally apologise to the government and people of Egypt for the reaction in the village of Ketermaya, which would not have happened had it not been for the gruesome crime that preceded it," Ibrahim Najjar, Lebanon's justice minister, said in a statement on Tuesday.
Najjar delivered his statement standing next to Mohammed Abdul Hakam, one of Egypt's assistant foreign ministers.
The lynching created tensions between the two countries.
The Lebanese embassy in Cairo reportedly asked for extra protection after an anonymous caller threatened to avenge Muslem's murder, although the embassy later denied those reports.
Muslem was also suspected of raping a 13-year-old girl in Ketermaya earlier this year.
The attack was condemned by a number of Lebanese officials, including Michel Sleiman, the president, and Ziad Baroud, the interior minister.
Lebanon's police chief said that he has taken disciplinary measures against the officers who were escorting Muslem.