Two suicide car bombers blew themselves up on the outskirts of the Turkish capital Ankara after police called on them to surrender, according to a Turkish official and local media.
Governor Erkan Topaca said the two bombers - a man and a woman - died on Saturday's incident outside a horse farm, the Associated Press news agency reported.
No one else was wounded in the blast.
INTERACTIVE: Timeline of attacks in Turkey
Topaca said the assailants are thought to be linked to the outlawed Kurdistan Workers Party, or PKK, which has carried out a series of suicide car bombings over the past year.
"The materials used, the construction and the way it was planned, point to the PKK a little," he said, according to the state-run Anadolu news agency.
The governor said the suspects were sought by police after a tip from Diyarbakir, a mainly Kurdish province in Turkey's southeast.
In televised comments, Topaca added that the suspects were a male whom they had identified and a female whose identity they had yet to ascertain.
READ MORE: Ten Turkish troops killed in two separate 'PKK attacks'
The PKK has fought a three-decade-old armed campaign, focused in mainly Kurdish southeast Turkey, in which more than 40,000 people have been killed.
It is designated a "terrorist" group by Turkey, the United States and European Union.
Violence returned to the region after the collapse of a two-year ceasefire last year.
Turkey has also seen attacks by fighters from the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL, also known as ISIS) group for more than a year.
Saturday's bombing comes two days before the first anniversary of Turkey's deadliest attack in its modern history in Ankara which left 103 dead. The attack was blamed on ISIL fighters.
Source: News Agencies