Over the last month, we’ve watched 62 World Cup matches, some full of surprises and unexpected outcomes.
Keep readinglist of 4 items
When Morocco advanced to the semifinals, we even saw history made. Now, with two matches left until a world champion is crowned, we hear from some of the fans who watched it all play out on the pitch.
In this episode:
- Tony Karon (@TonyKaron), editorial lead at AJ+
- Sandra Gathmann (@SandraGathmann), Presenter, Start Here on Al Jazeera
- Gemma Soler (@gemma_soler), Sports journalist
- Ishaan Tharoor (@ishaantharoor), Washington Post foreign affairs columnist
- Abubakr Al-Shamahi (@ShamahiAbubakr), Al Jazeera Digital Middle East and North Africa editor
- Nicolas Haque (@nicolashaque), Al Jazeera correspondent
- Vinicius Valente Bayma, Brazil fan
- Adam Abou-Gad, Al Jazeera engagement producer
- Jasmine Garsd (@JasGarsd), Host, The Last Cup
This episode was produced by Negin Owliaei, Ashish Malhotra, and Chloe K Li with our host, Halla Mohieddeen. Ruby Zaman fact-checked this episode. Our production team includes Chloe K. Li, Alexandra Locke, Ashish Malhotra, Negin Owliaei, Amy Walters, and Ruby Zaman. Our sound designer is Alex Roldan. Aya Elmileik and Adam Abou-Gad are our engagement producers. Ney Alvarez is Al Jazeera’s head of audio.
Connect with us: