Israel kills West Bank fighters

Israel shoots dead two members of the al-Aqsa's Martyrs Brigades in the West Bank.

    Israeli troops surrounded Rami Anab's car
    in Nablus and opened fire [AFP]
    The army said two other Palestinians, who were injured in the shooting, had been taken to an Israeli hospital and questioned.
     
    Power struggle

    The army said all three men were responsible for recruiting suicide bombers and planning attacks against Israelis.

    Palestinian officials said that Mohammed Hamad, an al-Aqsa commander, was shot down by undercover Israeli troops during the attack in Tulkarem.
     
    The group said another man was arrested in the raid.

    Mahmoud Abbas, the Palestinian president, and Ehud Olmert, the Israeli prime minister, announced a tentative ceasefire in the Gaza Strip on November 26, but it has not been extended to the West Bank where Israeli military operations continue.

    The truce was seen as prelude to a renewed peace effort by the two sides.

    On Tuesday, Olmert visited Jordan to discuss the stalled peace talks, Jordanian palace officials said.
       
    "Agreement was reached on continuing co-ordination with the Palestinian Authority to discuss all the avenues that will allow reactivating the peace process," the palace source said.
       
    Olmert's office said earlier he and King Abdullah talked about the Palestinian power struggle and other regional issues.

    SOURCE: Al Jazeera and agencies


    YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

    Interactive: Coding like a girl

    Interactive: Coding like a girl

    What obstacles do young women in technology have to overcome to achieve their dreams? Play this retro game to find out.

    Why America's Russia hysteria is dangerous

    Why America's Russia hysteria is dangerous

    The US exaggerating and obsessing about foreign threats seems quite similar to what is happening in Russia.

    Heron Gate mass eviction: 'We never expected this in Canada'

    Hundreds face mass eviction in Canada's capital

    About 150 homes in one of Ottawa's most diverse and affordable communities are expected to be torn down in coming months