Deadly blaze at S Korea karaoke bar

Electrical short circuit thought to be cause of fire that left eight dead.

    Authorities suspect faulty wiring to
    be the cause of the fire [AFP]

    An eyewitness said some people managed to run out of the bar and contact the fire department moments after the room was filled with smoke.

    Jeong Giu-ok told cable news channel YTN that "smoke suddenly appeared and people immediately came out and called a local fire station".

    SOURCE: Agencies


    Interactive: Coding like a girl

    Interactive: Coding like a girl

    What obstacles do young women in technology have to overcome to achieve their dreams? Play this retro game to find out.

    Heron Gate mass eviction: 'We never expected this in Canada'

    Hundreds face mass eviction in Canada's capital

    About 150 homes in one of Ottawa's most diverse and affordable communities are expected to be torn down in coming months

    I remember the day … I designed the Nigerian flag

    I remember the day … I designed the Nigerian flag

    In 1959, a year before Nigeria's independence, a 23-year-old student helped colour the country's identity.