Saudi Arabia’s royal shuffle – All decrees in full
Series of decrees reshuffle Saudi Arabia’s line of succession and host of other high-ranking postings in the Kingdom.
Saudi Arabia’s King Salman has issued a series of royal decrees on Wednesday, the foremost being the appointment of his son, Mohammed bin Salman, as the Kingdom’s crown prince and deputy prime minister.
Mohammed bin Salman’s predecessor as crown prince, Mohammed bin Nayef, was relieved of all his roles, including deputy prime minister and interior minister. Prince Salman will retain his position as defence minister.
READ MORE: Mohammed bin Salman named Saudi Arabia’s crown prince
Other decrees issued by King Salman are:
- Amending Article V from the Kingdom’s statute of ruling, which stipulates that only the sons and grandsons of the founding King Abdulaziz bin Abdulrahman Al-Faisal Al Saud can be Saudi kings and crown princes
- Appointing Prince Abdulaziz bin Saud bin Nayef bin Abdulaziz Al Saud as the Minister of Interior
- Relieving Abdulrahman bin Ali Al-Rubaiaan from his role as Deputy Minister of Interior and appointing him as a consultant in the Royal Court
- Appointing Dr Ahmed bin Mohammad Al-Salem as Deputy Minister of Interior
- Relieving Dr Nasser bin Abdulazizi Al-Daoud from his role as consultant in the Royal Court, and naming him undersecretary to the Ministry of Interior
- Appointing Prince Khalid bin Bandar bin Sultan bin Abdulaziz Al Saud as the Kingdom’s ambassador to Germany
- Appointing Prince Faisal bin Sattam bin Abdulazizi Al Saud as the Kingdom’s Ambassador to Italy
- Appointing Prince Bandar bin Khalid bin Faisal bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Prince Turki bin Mohammad bin Fahad bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Prince Abdullah bin Khalid bin Sultan bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, and Faisal bin Abdulazizi bin Abdullah Al-Sudairi as consultants in the Royal Court
- Appointing Prince Bandar bin Faisal bin Bandar bin Abdulaziz Al Saud as assistant to the president of the General Intelligence Directorate (GID)
- Appointing Prince Abdulaziz bin Turki bin Faisal bin Abdulaziz Al Saud as vice chairman of the General Sports Authority
- Appointing Prince Abdulaziz bin Fahad bin Turki bin Abdulaziz Al Saudi as deputy governor of Al-Jouf Region
- Restoring bonuses and allowances for public sector employees and military personnel retroactively as of September 27, 2016 instead of April 2017, as previously stated.