New York City public schools to close on Muslim holidays.
The Muslim festival of Eid al-Adha will be celebrated on Monday, September 12 in Saudi Arabia and in most other countries, and on September 13 in Pakistan and Bangladesh.
These public holiday breaks for Eid have also been officially announced:
– ِGulf Arab countries of Qatar, the UAE , Kuwait, Oman: nine-day public holiday from Friday, September 9 until Saturday, September 17.
– Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, and Sudan also announced a nine-day public holiday on the same dates as in the Gulf.
– Turkey: nine-day public holiday from Saturday, September 10 until Sunday, September 18.
– Bangladesh: six-day Eid holiday, from Friday September 9 until Wednesday, September 14.
– Azerbaijan, Tunisia, Morocco, Nigeria: four-day long weekend holiday, from Saturday, September 10 until Tuesday, September 13.
– Pakistan: three-day holiday from Monday, September 12 until Wednesday, September 14.
– Philippines, Indonesia, Singapore, and Ghana: three-day long weekend holiday, from Saturday, September 10 until Monday, September 12.
— Al Jazeera English (@AJEnglish) September 6, 2016
The Eid al-Adha festival, or Feast of Sacrifice, is locally also known as:
– Eidul Adha , as spelled in the Philippines legislation .
– Tabaski, as referred to in Senegal and Gambia.
– Kurban Bayrami , as referred to in Turkey.
– Hari Raya Haji , as known in Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore.
– Bakr-Id or Qurbani Eid , as referred to in the Urdu langauge, in India and in Bangladesh .