Attacks in the Gaza Strip kill at least five, while Nablus is put under curfew.
Al Jazeera’s correspondent in the city said about 10 people had been injured, including a child who was hot in the head.
Israeli troops imposed a curfew after driving into the city in about 70 vehicles on Thursday. They surrounded a number of buildings, including the Rafidya hospital, in a hunt for wanted fighters, a Palestinian official said.
The curfew remained in place on Friday, with shops and schools still shut.
An army spokesman said the operation was targetting “terrorist infrastructure” in the area, where the troops had uncovered a large amount of weaponry.
More than 20 people are thought to have been arrested, including several members of the al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades
The latest military raids came as George Bush, US president, called on Israel to dismantle unauthorised settlement outposts on occupied Palestinian land ahead of his visit to the region next week.
“We expect them to honour their commitments,” Bush said in an interview with Israel’s Yediot Aharonot newspaper.
|“The Israeli government has said that they’re going to get rid of unauthorised settlements, and that’s what we expect”
“The Israeli government has said that they’re going to get rid of unauthorised settlements, and that’s what we expect. That’s what we’ve been told,” he said, according to an English-language transcript of the interview.
Bush to spend three days in Israel and the Palestinian territories from next Wednesday in the first visit by a sitting US president in nine years.