Israeli troops shoot Hebron family
One man is killed and four relatives wounded during a raid on their home.

| Shootings in Hebron | ||
|
|
One witness said: “They [Israeli soldiers] came like wild dogs and when they did, they opened the door and started shooting. The soldier killed an old man, the head of the household.
Witnesses at the scene accused the Israeli soldiers of firing at young children. Al-Jabari’s daughter was still covered in blood when she described what happened.
| Your Views |
|
“It is a waste of time rehashing historical background on either side – you have to deal with the realities of the here and now” Alibaba, LA, USA Send us your views |
She said: “My mother told the soldier to stay away from him, from my father. And then he shot him and my mother yelled ‘you bastard’ and then he shot my mother and then shot and wounded my brother Rajeh.
Summit postponed
Against this backdrop of continued violence, a meeting between Mahmoud Abbas, the Palestinian president, and Ehud Olmert, the Israeli prime minister, planned for Thursday has been postponed indefinitely.
The summit would have been the first between the two leaders since April 15 despite plans to hold regular meetings.
Abbas earlier this week accused Israel of trying to limit the agenda for the talks, saying he had intended to highlight Palestinian concerns over the separation barrier, settlement building, prisoners and withheld tax receipts.
But Ziad Abu Amr, the Palestinian foreign minister, said Abbas and Olmert would be invited to a meeting in Egypt of the four sponsors of the stalled peace process on June 25.
