We broadcast to more than 220 million households in more than 100 countries.
Al Jazeera has received prestigious awards from organisations across the globe. The Network has been honoured for overall excellence in achieving our mission, in addition to praise for Al Jazeera’s individual reporters and their work. Below are some highlights of the awards and nominations received by the Network over the past years.
• The International Academy of Television Arts and Sciences , Nominated for Emmy award in News Category
• Freesat Award, Best News Channel of the Year
• Royal Television Society Nomination, News Channel of the Year
• Monte-Carlo TV Festival, “Best Television News Item” for Al Jazeera English special programme “Mexico in the Crossfire”
• Amnesty International Award, International Television and Radio Award for AJE’s programme People and Power
• CONCENTRA Award for Breaking News for Casey Kauffman’s piece “Baby Feras”
• The International Academy of Television Arts and Sciences , Nominated for Emmy awards in both the News and Current Affairs categories for the second successive year.
• CONCENTRA Award for Breaking News for “Up the Irrawaddy Delta” following Cyclone Nargis in Myanmar
• International Digital EMMY Award nominee Non-Fiction for Al Jazeera English News US Election Special
• Foreign Press Association, (FPA), “News Story of the Year by a Full member of the FPA” Jonah Hull for “Russia-Georgia War”
• Association of International Broadcasters, (AIB), “Editors Award”, to Sami Al Haj for the suffering endured and courage shown as a result of bringing news to the world
• Amnesty International Media Awards, “Best International TV Documentary” for Tony Birtley’s “The Lost Tribe – Secret Army of the CIA”
• Monte-Carlo TV Festival, “Golden Nymph Award – Best 24 Hour News Programme” featuring the Gaza Siege
• CONCENTRA Award, “Breaking News” for Tony Birtley’s “Inside Myanmar-The Crackdown”
• Royal Television Society Journalism Awards, “RTS Young Journalist of the Year” for Hamish Macdonald
• Asian Television Awards, “Best Current Affairs Programme” for Tony Birtley’s “Inside Myanmar – The Crackdown”
• YouTube European Partners Awards, “Community Champion Award” to Al Jazeera Network
• Pan Arab WebAwards’ Golden Award for “Best Arabic Website for Media and Communications” for aljazeera.net
• Asian Television Awards, “Best News Report” for Kylie Grey’s “Agent Orange”
• Association of International Broadcasters (AIB), “Editors Award” for the programme “Everywoman”