Samsung says it is suspending sales of its Galaxy Note 7 smartphone after finding the batteries of some gadgets exploded while they were charging.
Koh Dong-jin, president of Samsung’s mobile business, said on Friday that customers who had already bought Note 7s will be able to swap them for new smartphones, regardless of the purchasing date.
Keep readinglist of 4 items
The announcement comes only two weeks after Samsung launched its latest flagship smartphone.
Some buyers reported that their phones caught fire or exploded while charging, and Samsung said it had confirmed 35 such cases, caused by faulty batteries.
Samsung said it has sold more than one million Note 7 smartphones since the product’s launch.