More than 70 children have been taken to hospital this month in the Indian state of Bihar after eating contaminated school meals.

The students and their parents have little confidence in the safety of the meals after reports of pesticides, lizards and even snakes being found.

A government scheme has been providing free lunches to pupils in the state, relieving poverty stricken parents of the burden. However, many say they would prefer rations or payments instead.

Al Jazeera's Karishma Vyas reports from Hajpurva village in Bihar.

Source: Al Jazeera