[QODLink]
Formula One

F1 drivers speed into period of uncertainty

Force India driver Paul Di Resta admits his Formula One future is uncertain but the Scotsman is not the only one.

Last Modified: 22 Oct 2013 19:02
Email Article
Print Article
Share article
Send Feedback
After strong start to 2013, Paul Di Resta is now fighting for his Formula One place [GETTY]

Force India driver Paul Di Resta acknowledged his uncertain Formula One future on Tuesday while pointing out that he was not the only driver facing problems.

The 27-year-old Scot's poor run of form in the second half of the season has fuelled speculation that the Silverstone-based team might drop him and bring back Sauber's Nico Hulkenberg, who has also been linked with Lotus.

Di Resta, whose dip in form coincided with a change in the compound and structure of Pirelli tyres, did not deny that his Formula One future hung in the balance ahead of Sunday's Indian Grand Prix.

"Not only me," added a sombre Di Resta, who scored points in seven of his first eight races before hitting a rough patch that included three retirements.

It's tough because of circumstances that don't help drivers that don't have big funding. The team know knows what I can do. They gave me the tool to achieve what I can

Paul Di Resta , Force India driver

"It's tough because of circumstances that don't help drivers that don't have big funding. The team know knows what I can do. They gave me the tool to achieve what I can."

His German team mate Adrian Sutil confirmed he had been talking to Force India management to secure his seat next year.

"Yes, of course," said the German who, since his 2007 debut, has raced for the same team whho have gone from Jordan to Midland to Spyker and to Force India.

"I know them very well after so many years. It's open talk," said Sutil while sharing Di Resta's view on an overall uncertainty in the paddock.

"Half the field is uncertain. No one knows where it goes, it can change very quickly. Even a contract doesn't mean a lot nowadays."

The lanky German would not elaborate on the outcome of his negotiation with the team management but was already talking of an improved performance next season.

"I'm looking to a good future next year and it should be, hopefully, a very good year," he said.

"It has to be a good one because we stopped very early (this year) with the development. So the car has to be doubly good next year."

376

Source:
Reuters
Email Article
Print Article
Share article
Send Feedback
Featured on Al Jazeera
UNHCR says hundreds of people trapped in Yaloke town risk death if they are not evacuated to safety urgently.
'Justice for All' demonstrations swell across the US over the deaths of African Americans in police encounters.
Six former Guantanamo detainees are now free in Uruguay with some hailing the decision to grant them asylum.
Disproportionately high number of Aboriginal people in prison highlights inequality and marginalisation, critics say.
Featured
Long-standing dispute over Christian use of the word 'Allah' raises concerns about a very un-Merry Christmas.
The threat posed by ISIL has prompted thousands of young Kurds to join the PKK.
Baja California - with its own grim history of disappeared people - finds a voice in the fight against violence.
Russian feminist rockers fight system holding 700,000 - the world's largest per capita prison population after the US.
Weeks of growing protests against Muslims continue in Dresden with 15,000 hitting the streets last Monday.