Organisers have no intention of changing the dates of next year's Africa Cup of Nations even though hosts Morocco called for a postponement of the finals because of fears over the Ebola virus.
But the Confederation of African Football (CAF) said it would meet the Moroccan government next month, sending a high powered delegation to discuss the issue in Rabat led by its president Issa Hayatou.
"CAF recorded this request and confirms that no changes to the agenda of the schedule of competitions and events," said a statement on their website.
Last month the Moroccan government ordered a detailed report into the possibility that the tournament, scheduled to run from January 17 to February 8, might lead to the disease spreading.
More than 4,000 people have died from the highly contagious virus in Guinea, Liberia, Nigeria and Sierra Leone but Morocco has not reported any cases.
Ironically, Morocco is on Saturday allowing Guinea to host their scheduled Nations Cup qualifier against Ghana in Casablanca because CAF has banned matches in that country.