|Drogba's agent has said the striker has 'nothing left to prove as a player' and will follow the money [GALLO/GETTY]
Chelsea striker Didier Drogba has turned down a one-year contract extension with the English Premier League side and is looking for a big-money move to finish his career, his agent said on Tuesday.
The 33-year-old's contract expires next summer and he looks set to walk away from Stamford Bridge for nothing, with his agent Thierno Seydi claiming he has been looking at options in the United States, Russia or Asia.
"Didier has had the offer of a one-year extension from Chelsea. That does not suit us," Seydi is quoted as saying by British tabloid The Sun.
"We know what we want, where we want to go and what offers we have.
"AC Milan came in for Didier on loan with an option to buy but I said 'No' straight away. Their offer did not interest us.
"At Didier's age, he has nothing left to prove as a player. He will go where he is offered the most money.
"It could be the United States, Russia, Qatar or somewhere else in Asia. Once you are well into your thirties you have to go to a club where you can be certain you'll be able to pay your bills.
"LA Galaxy are a possibility among many others. He has been linked with Anzhi Makhachkala in Russia, as they pay well. But neither Didier nor I have had an offer from them."
Drogba joined Chelsea in 2004 after previously playing for French clubs Marseille, Guingamp and Le Mans.