|Bernd Schuster, the head coach of Real Madrid, opted to leave Robinho out of his 18-man squad [GALLO/GETTY]
Robinho was left out of Real Madrid's squad for their Spanish Premera Liga football season opener at Deportivo Coruna, with the player's future at the club hanging in the balance.
The Brazil forward wants to join Chelsea in the English Premier League, but the Spanish champions have failed to find a suitable replacement and are reluctant to let him go.
Spanish media have reported that Real are holding out for around $59 million, and that Chelsea have not met that valuation despite continuous negotiations over the last few days and claims by Robinho's agent that a deal was imminent.
"I would like the theme (Robinho's future) to be wrapped up now, but it isn't. He will not travel to La Coruna," Madrid coach Bernd Schuster said.
"It is my decision not the club's.
"For me, he is an important player but it is also important to know what condition he will be in, and the pressure from those advising him has been strong.
"Mentally, he isn't in the best state to play. Until his future is resolved he will not be ready to either.
At present, it is better for other players who are fully committed, to take his place."
Robinho sat out the Spanish Super Cup, 4-1 second leg win against Valencia last weekend, and was not included in the squad for Wednesday's Santiago Bernabeu Trophy against Sporting Lisbon, which Real won 5-3.
If Robinho fails to complete a transfer to the Premier League, however, Schuster said he would be more than happy to welcome the Brazilian back into the side.
"I would be delighted to do the dirty work of trying to raise his morale again. I am confident we would be able to do that within the group, with the support of the players, and it would be just like it always was," the German added.
Real play Deportivo at the Riazor on Sunday, and on Monday Robinho flies off to join up with the Brazil squad for international duty, the same day as the summer transfer window closes.
Tottenham get Pavlyuchenko
|Pavlyuchenko should bolster Tottenham's attack [GALLO/GETTY]
Tottenham have completed a deal to buy Roman Pavlyuchenko from Spartak Moscow, strengthening an attack that has been depleted in the off season.
Tottenham did not disclose details of the deal, which comes just two days
before the Premier League transfer window closes.
The 26-year-old Pavlyuchenko should provide a significant boost to Spurs, who have struggled in the opening weeks of the season following the reluctant sale of Robbie Keane to Liverpool and a lengthy impasse over Dimitar Berbatov's likely transfer to Manchester United.
Pavlyuchenko had been linked with Spurs since scoring three goals in Russia's surprise run to the European Championship semifinals in June.
He also scored both goals in Russia's 2-1 win over England in Moscow in a Euro
2008 qualifier last year.
Tottenham has also been trying to sign Russia playmaker Andrei Arshavin from Zenit St. Petersburg, but that deal stalled after the Russian club said Spurs had failed to meet its deadline for an improved bid