Police said they arrested the suspects during a major counter-terrorism operation in Birmingham [GALLO/GETTY]

Six men are due to appear in a London court on charges of terrorism, including an alleged plot to carry out suicide bomb attacks in the UK.

The men were scheduled to appear at West London Magistrates court on Monday, a day after they were charged by authorities.

Police arrested the men last Monday during what authorities called a major counter-terrorism operation in the city of Birmingham.

Three of the men are accused of planning a bombing campaign, making explosives and stating an intention to become suicide bombers.

Two are also accused of travelling to Pakistan for so-called terrorism training, while two others are charged with failing to disclose information. One man is charged with funding "terrorism".

Police said the men, all from Birmingham, allegedly committed the offences between Christmas Day of last year and September 19.

Authorities detained a seventh man on Thursday, and are still questioning him.

Police have until September 29 to charge, release or apply for a further warrant of detention for the detained suspect.

Source: Agencies