Three executives from the internet search firm Google have been found guilty on Wednesday of privacy violations in Italy over allowing a video of an autistic boy being bullied in the city of Turin - to be posted on its website in 2006.

Prosecutors argued the boy's privacy had been violated and Google should have removed the footage, which had remained online for two months, quicker than it did.

But Google says it will appeal the court decision - arguing that it removed the video as soon as the company became aware of it.

Google also said that it is not responsible for the content of others, which is impossible to monitor completely when an average of 20 hours of video footage is uploaded every minute.

Al Jazeera's Alan Fisher reports.

Source: Al Jazeera