A group of East Timorese rebels accused of trying to assassinate Jose Ramos-Horta, the country's president, have surrendered to the government.
An adviser to Ramos-Horta said rebel leader Gastao Salsinha was persuaded to hand himself in following talks with representatives from the army, parliament and the Catholic Church.
Salsinha and a dozen followers have handed in weapons and thousands of rounds of ammunition.
Ramos-Horta returned to East Timor last week after receiving treatment in Australia for gunshot wounds sustained in the February 11 assassination attempt.
"I am happy our sons returned to Dili and surrendered their weapons," he told reporters on Tuesday after meeting the surrendering rebels at the presidential palace.
East Timor's prime minister, Xanana Gusmao, escaped unharmed from an assassination attempt that took place almost simultaneously to the attack on the Ramos-Horta.