I like people who dare to speak out against their own people's atrocities.
Edward Jones, Denmark
As tragic as it was, it is time for America to get over it and concentrate on more important issues. It is time for the media to point at the war profiteers and ask questions such as:
1) Why are there no controllers in Iraq to investigate contractor abuses and corruption?
2) Why are these contractors allowed no-bid contracts to build new prisons worldwide without restrictions or restraints on torture?
3) Why are these contractors allowed to run roughshod over an allegedly representative body such as Congress? Perhaps the answer to all of these questions lies in the fact that the Constitution no longer exists.
Larry Darrah, USA
No doubt that although we are all innocents; but there are some among us who are more innocent than others ...
Let me explain:
- America suffers in this commemoration because of the almost 3,000 innocents killed in 9/11 attacks.
- There is no doubt that those victims were amazingly "more innocent" than the 40,000 civilian victims [up to now] in Iraq.
Islam and al-Qaeda declared the war, we responded. Hezbollah declared the war, Israel responded. Hamas declared the war, Israel responded. Even though people with keyboards are constantly trying to erase it, the bottom line still exists.
Mack Rogers, USA
Many of us here are sick and tired of the endless use of the 9-11 tragedy to try to justify wars, aggression, bullying, and even things that have no rational connection to 9-11.
For example, we need national unity after 9-11! So let's give huge tax cuts to the rich [while everyone else suffers]; if you don't support this, you are not patriotic.
There is now more and more serious questioning regarding whether the present US government allowed 9-11 to happen or actually made it happen to justify wars that they had planned long before 9-11.
Peter T Kallay, USA