Health scare mystery for Ronaldo

Brazilian star striker Ronaldo has returned to his team’s training camp after being taken to hospital with a mystery medical complaint.

    Ronaldo is one goal short of equalling Pele's Cup record

    The 29-year-old Real Madrid player started feeling unwell on Wednesday and was taken to hospital in Frankfurt, but medical tests showed nothing wrong with him, the Brazil Football Confederation (CBF) said.

     

    The scare followed the Brazilians 1-0 win over Croatia in Berlin on Tuesday.

     

    Ronaldo was expected to train normally with the rest of the Brazilian team on Thursday.

     

    Ronaldo was the star of the last World Cup in Japan and South Korea, scoring both Brazilian goals in the 2-0 win over Germany in the final.

     

    But his form has slumped over the last year as he has struggled with weight problems and he is expected to leave Madrid during the close season.

     

    Criticised

     

    Fans have been unimpressed with
    Ronaldo's recent performance

    He was widely criticised for his lacklustre  performance against the Croatians on Tuesday.

     

    Coach Carlos Alberto Parreira, however, has said he intends to play him in the Brazilians' next game against Australia on Sunday.

     

    Ronaldo famously played in the 1998 World Cup final in  Paris against France despite being taken mysteriously taken ill  shortly before the kick-off.

     

    He needs to score just one more goal to equal the legendary Pele as Brazil's top all-time World Cup goalscorer.

    SOURCE: Aljazeera + Agencies


    YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

    Why Jerusalem is not the capital of Israel

    Why Jerusalem is not the capital of Israel

    No country in the world recognises Jerusalem as Israel's capital.

    Canada: Attack on girl wearing hijab 'did not happen'

    Canada: Attack on girl wearing hijab 'did not happen'

    Toronto police announce hate crime investigation concluded after evidence shows cutting of girl's hijab didn't occur.

    New Boko Haram video purports to show Chibok girls

    Boko Haram video purports to show seized Chibok girls

    Girl appearing in footage says the abductees are safe, live g in comfort and do not want to be rescued.