Israeli troops kill Palestinian youth

A Palestinian has been shot dead by Israeli occupation troops in the West Bank town of Nablus during clashes with young stone-throwers.

    The Nablus operation involved hundreds of troops

    Muhammad Sukha, 18, was shot dead on Friday in the casbah of the old city of Nablus, where the army has been carrying out what it called search operations since Thursday.

    Palestinian medics and security sources said Sukha had been standing on the roof of a mosque and had thrown rocks at soldiers below, who then shot him in the stomach and shoulder. 

    Israeli military sources said troops had fired at him after spotting him on the roof, aiming to throw a gas canister at
    them.

    The occupation forces sealed off the city for the second day, imposed a curfew and carried out a search campaign hunting for activists from Fatah's al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades.

    Israeli forces advanced into Nablus on Wednesday evening with 25 armoured vehicles backed by bulldozers and sealed off parts of the old city with barbed wires.

    Palestinians in the affected areas have been confined to their homes.

    Kidnapping

    Palestinian children pick through
    rubble of Bassam Abu Bakar's home

    Also on Friday, Israeli occupation forces seized Mahmud Samir Shahada, a resistance fighter from al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades in Ram Allah.

    "Shahada's father said the occupation forces stormed Shahada's office in the city at dawn after blowing up its entrances. The occupation forces also raided a number of houses and kidnapped his son (Mahmud)", said Aljazeera's correspondent.

    The troops also dynamited the house of Bassam Abu Bakar, a leader of Islamic Jihad's al-Quds Brigades whom it arrested a month ago.

    The blast caused massive damage to two other neighbouring homes.

     

    SOURCE: Aljazeera + Agencies


    YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

    Why Jerusalem is not the capital of Israel

    Why Jerusalem is not the capital of Israel

    No country in the world recognises Jerusalem as Israel's capital.

    Canada: Attack on girl wearing hijab 'did not happen'

    Canada: Attack on girl wearing hijab 'did not happen'

    Toronto police announce hate crime investigation concluded after evidence shows cutting of girl's hijab didn't occur.

    New Boko Haram video purports to show Chibok girls

    Boko Haram video purports to show seized Chibok girls

    Girl appearing in footage says the abductees are safe, live g in comfort and do not want to be rescued.