Kuwaiti public prosecutor Hamid al-Uthman made the announcement in remarks published on Tuesday.
Iraqi troops were ousted from Kuwait by a US-led international coalition after Baghdad invaded and occupied its neighbour in 1990 until 1991.
Kuwait acted as the launchpad for the US-led war against Iraq last year.
The former Iraqi leader is in US custody in an undisclosed location after his capture in December.
Al-Uthman told the Kuwait Times daily newspaper the Kuwait government had prepared a long list of charges, which he said was supported by evidence, against Saddam.
He said the Kuwaiti Council of Ministers recently formed a committee headed by Justice Minister Ahmad Bakr to join Kuwait's prosecution in Saddam's trial.
The government, which is cooperating with Iraqi prosecutors to arrange for Kuwait's involvement in a trial of Saddam, has prepared numerous files including hundreds of testimonies by Kuwaitis and Iraqis, he added.