The boy, named Muhsin al-Daur, 12, was killed on Thursday when soldiers opened fire at a group of youths hunting birds near the border, Palestinian security sources said.
An Israeli military spokesman said earlier two Palestinian teenagers had been shot and wounded as they tried to infiltrate Israel. They had put a ladder against the fence to cross in an area near Kibbutz Kfar, just east of Gaza City.
The latest death brought the number of people killed since the Palestinian uprising erupted in late September 2000 to 3706, including 2774 Palestinians and 865 Israelis.
Also on Thursday, Israeli occupation soldiers accompanied by patrols and personnel carriers invaded one neighbourhood in the West Bank old city of Nablus.
"Witnesses said the soldiers evacuated people from their houses and started looking for activists," reported Aljazeera correspondent in the West Bank. The soldiers also imposed curfew on the neighbourhood, added the correspondent.
Earlier on Thursday, Israeli soldiers withdrew from the Rafah refugee camp in the southern Gaza strip after a 48-hour operation in which several dozen Palestinian houses were destroyed, a Palestinian woman was killed and at least five people wounded by Israeli fire.
Erez border was the location of a
a Palestinian attack on 15 January
Meanwhile, hundreds of Palestinian workers protested at Erez border -between Gaza and Israel - at the delay of their entry permit which caused them to be late for their jobs.
Israeli occupation forces fired tear gas to disperse the demonstrators. According to medical sources, seven workers were sent to the hospital after they inhaled the gas.
According to Palestinian workers, new border entry procedures obliged them to wait in line for hours from dawn, take off their clothes and walk slowly towards the border with their hands above their heads.
Erez border was the location of an attack by a female Palestinian human bomber who killed four Israeli soldiers on 15 January.
Also on Thursday, Israel slapped new restrictions on Palestinian movements, requiring men and women aged 16 to 45 to have a permit to cross into Jordan from the West Bank, Palestinian officials said.
"This decision took us by surprise, we were notified at 8:30 am (06:30 GMT) this morning without any explanation,"
Palestinian minister for civil affairs
Dozens of Palestinians unaware of the new restrictions were turned back as they tried to cross the Jordan river via the Allenby Bridge, the only way they are allowed to enter Jordan, they said.
"This decision took us by surprise, we were notified at 8:30 am (06:30 GMT) this morning without any explanation," Palestinian minister for civil affairs Jamil al-Tarifi was quoted as saying by
the official Palestinian news agency WAFA.
Palestinians living on the West Bank require Israeli permits to leave their towns and villages and enter Israel but had been freely allowed to go the other way into Jordan.
The Israeli army and the office of the West Bank civil
administration declined to comment on the latest curbs.